Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holy Week

I have learned in my life to embrace and enjoy Holy Week. This week is such a great time to focus our lives in Christ and to be filled with Him. I remember in college we had a week every fall called ‘Spiritual Emphasis Week.’ During the week we had extra worship services, Bible studies, and prayer meetings. It was a good chance to refocus our lives on Christ. Holy Week can do the same thing for us. During Holy week we are reminded of the heart of our faith. Our core belief is that Jesus Christ, who was God, came to this earth and died on the cross so that our sins could be forgiven. This week we experience everything from the Triumphal Entry to the Last Supper, Crucifixion, and Resurrection. It is a great chance to come back to the basics of our faith. I hope this week we will all come back to the basics of our Christian faith and be reminded again about who our God is.